With the goal of reaching a wider audience in the dissemination of health research results in Twitter and Facebook, the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development of the Department of Science and Technology organized the Visualize Health Research, A Visual Abstract Contest.
Launched during the Philippine National Health Research System Week celebration on 24 August 2017 at the Philippine International Convention center (PICC), Pasay City, the contest is open to all creative Filipinos residing in the Philippines except PCHRD employees and their immediate family members, and PCHRD’s project team members. Joining the contest is FREE of charge. To register, please visit this form.
Three individuals have an opportunity to win cash prize amounting to P30,000, P20,000, P10,000.
Choose one study below for your visual abstract entry.
- Angio-suppressive triterpenoids from Ardisia cf. elliptica (subgenus Tinus) on duck (Anas platyrynchos l.) chorioallantoic membrane.
- Diversity of fungal endophytes isolated from marchantia polymorpha populations from Baguio City, Phlippines.
- Assessment of the antiurolithiatic and antioxidant properties of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco leaves (Moraceae).
- Antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae) against hepatocarcinoma (HepG2).
- Comparison of antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of triterpenes α-amyrin, oleanolic acid and ursolic acid.
- Antioxidant activity, total phenolic content, and GC-MS analysis of the root of Kawilan (Embelia philippinenss A. DC.).
- Antibacterial activity of crude ethanolic extract and solvent fractions of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco leaves.
- Trichomonas vaginalis induces cytopathic effect on human lung alveolar basal carcinoma epithelial cell line A549.
- Toxicity and antioxidant properties of the extracts of Prunus grisea.
- Ethnobotanical survey and nutritional composition of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae)
- Screening of the antioxidant properties of the leaf extracts of Philippne medcinal plants Ficus nota (Blanco) Merr., Metroxylon sagu Rottb., Mussaenda philippica A. Rich., Inocarpus fagifer, and Cinnamomum mercadoi vidal
- The antioxidant properties of the Philippine medicinal plants Cassia sophera Linn., Derris elliptica Benth, Ficus minahassea Teysm and De Vr., Leea aculeata blume leucoskye capitellata wedd.
- Topical Cashew Nut Extract (DeBCC) for the Treatment of Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Randomized Double-blind, Vehicle-Controlled Trial.
- The brine shrimp lethality of the leaf extracts of Piper baccatum Blume and their antioxidant properties.
- Mechanical induction of group V phospholipase A2 causes lung inflammation and acute lung injury.
- Clinical and metabolic profile of male-to-female transgender in Zamboanga Peninsula.
- The Philippine HIV/AIDS epidemic: A call to arms.
- Occupational health systems across selected public healthcare facilities in the Philippines.
- Identification of occupational hazards by walk-through surveys among selected public hospitals in the Philippines.
- Draft genome sequence of Haloalkaliphilic exiguobacterium sp. strain AB2 from Manleluag Ophiolitic Spring, Philippines.
- Socio-demographic factors and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome among Filipinos from the LIFECARE cohort.
- Quality of life of Filipino elderly with dementia (QoL-FD) assessment tool: Its development, validation and standardization.
- Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in relation to socio-demographic profile of the life course study in cardiovascular disease epidemiology study (LIFECARE) Philippine cohort.
- Early detection of mild alzheimer's disease in Flipino elderly: Validation of the montreal cognitive assessment-Philippines (MoCA-P).
- A model for integrating paragonimiasis surveillance and control with tuberculosis control program.
- Effectiveness of a community-based diabetes self-management education (DSME) program in a rural agricultural setting.
- Socio-economic realities in a rural Filipino community lead to volunteer bias in a survey of diabetes, prediabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Identification of prevalent leptospira serovars infecting water buffaloes, cows, dogs, pigs and rats in the Philippines.
- Adaptation of the montreal cognitive assessment for elderly Filipino patients.
- Surgical stimulation of endoscopic sinus surgery using Thiel soft-embalmed cadaver.
- The Philippine thyroid diseases study (PhilTiDeS): Prevalence of thyroid disorders among adults in the Philippines.
- Clinical profile of patients diagnosed with leptospirosis after a typhoon: A multicenter study.