1. Ariëns, G A, Bongers, P M, Douwes, M , Miedem, M C, Hoogendoorn, W E, van der Wal, G , Bouter, L M, et al, . "Are neck flexion, neck rotation, and sitting at work risk factors for neck pain? Results of a prospective cohort study " Occupational and environmental medicine 58(3): 200–207, 2001
2. Bandy, W D, Sanders, B . Therapeutic exercise for physical therapist assistants Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2007.
3. Barbe, M F, Barr, A E. "Inflammation and the pathophysiology of work-related musculoskeletal disorders" Brain, behavior, and immunity 20 (5): 423–429, 2006
4. Binder, A . "The diagnosis and treatment of nonspecific neck pain and whiplash" Europa medicophysica 43(1): 79–89, 2007
5. Björklund, M , Djupsjöbacka, M , Svedmark, A , Häger, C . "Effects of tailored neck-shoulder pain treatment based on a decision model guided by clinical assessments and standardized functional tests. A study protocol of a randomized controlled trial" BMC musculoskeletal disorders 13(1): 75, 2012
6. Bridges, T S. "Gender Capital and Male Bodybuilders" Body & Society 15(1): 83–107, 2009
7. Cassou, B , Derriennic, F , Monfort, C , Norton, J , Touranchet, A . "Chronic neck and shoulder pain, age, and working conditions: longitudinal results from a large random sample in France" Occupational and environmental medicine 59(8): 537–544, 2002
8. Chandler, T J, Brown, L E. Conditioning for strength and human performance Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
9. Charles Sturt Univer, . (2012, November 30). Fast/Slow Twitch Muscle Fibers. Charles Sturt University. . Retrieved from: http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/
10. Côté, P , van der Velde, G , Cassidy, J D, Carroll, L J, Hogg-Johnson, S , Holm, L W, Carragee, E J, et al, . "The burden and determinants of neck pain in workers: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders" Spine 33(4): S60–74, 2008
13. Hämmig, O , Knecht, M , Läubli, T , Bauer, G F. "Work-life conflict and musculoskeletal disorders: a cross-sectional study of an unexplored association" BMC musculoskeletal disorders 12, 60, 2011
14. Herzog, W , Leonard, T R, Joumaa, V , Mehta, A . "Mysteries of muscle contraction" Journal of applied biomechanics 24(1): 1–13, 2008
15. Hogg-Johnson, S , van der Velde, G , Carroll, L J, Holm, L W, Cassidy, J D, Guzman, J . "The burden and determinants of neck pain in the general population: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders" Spine 33(4 Suppl): S39–51, 2008
16. World Health Organiz, . (2000, November 30). International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). World Health Organization. . Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/
17. Jensen, C . "Development of neck and hand-wrist symptoms in relation to duration of computer use at work" Scandinavian journal of work, environment & health 29(3): 197–205, 2003
18. Jonasson, P , Halldin, K , Karlsson, J , Thoreson, O , Hvannberg, J , Swärd, L . "Prevalence of joint-related pain in the extremities and spine in five groups of top athletes" Knee surgery, sports traumatology, arthroscopy: official journal of the ESSKA 19(9): 1540–1546, 2011
19. Jones, R . Oxford textbook of primary medical care New York: Oxford University Press, 2005.
20. Kavanaugh, A . "The Role of Progressive Overload in Sports Conditioning" NSCA’s Performing Training Journal 6(1): 15–17, 2007
21. Kirchhoff, G , Kirchhoff, C , Buhmann, S , Kanz, K G, Lenz, M , Vogel, T , Kichhoff, R M. "A rare differential diagnosis to occupational neck pain: bilateral stylohyoid syndrome" Journal of occupational medicine and toxicology (London, England) 1, 14, 2006
22. Kisner, C , Colby, L A. Therapeutic exercise: foundations and techniques Philadelphia: F.A. Davis, 2012.
23. Korhonen, T , Ketola, R , Toivonen, R , Luukkonen, R , Häkkänen, M , Viikari-Juntura, E . "Work related and individual predictors for incident neck pain among office employees working with video display units" Occupational and environmental medicine 60(7): 475–482, 2003
24. Lavender, A P, Nosaka, K . "Comparison between old and young men for changes in makers of muscle damage following voluntary eccentric exercise of the elbow flexors" Applied physiology, nutrition, and metabolism 31(3): 218–225, 2006
25. Luime, J J, Kuiper, J L, Koes, B W, Verhaar, J , Miedema, H S, Burdorf, A . "Work-related risk factors for the incidence and recurrence of shoulder and neck complaints among nursing-home and elderly-care workers" Scandinavian journal of work, environment & health 30(4): 279–286, 2004
26. MacDermid, J C, Walton, D M, Avery, S , Blanchard, A , Etruw, E , McAlpine, C , Goldsmith, C H. "Measurement properties of the neck disability index: a systematic review" The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy 39(5): 400–417, 2009
27. National Institute f, . (2010, November 30). Neck Pain Management: Diagnosis. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). . Retrieved from: http://www.cks.nhs.uk/
28. Ostergren, P O, Hanson, B S, Balogh, I , Ektor-Andersen, J , Isacsson, A , Orbaek, P , Malmö Shoulder Neck , . "Incidence of shoulder and neck pain in a working population: effect modification between mechanical and psychosocial exposures at work? Results from a one year follow up of the Malmö shoulder and neck study cohort" Journal of epidemiology and community health 59(9): 721–728, 2005
29. Reiman, M P, Lorenz, D S. "Integration of strength and conditioning principles into a rehabilitation program" International journal of sports physical therapy 6(3): 241–253, 2011
30. Romer, L M, McConnel, A K. "Specificity and reversibility of inspiratory muscle training" Medicine and science in sports and exercise 35(2): 237–244, 2003
31. Sihawong, R , Janwantanakul, P , Sitthipornvorakul, E , Pensri, P . "Exercise therapy for office workers with nonspecific neck pain: a systematic review" Journal of manipulative and physiological therapeutics 34(1): 62–71, 2011
32. Sjögren, T , Nissinen, K J, Järvenpää, S K, Ojanen, M T, Vanharanta, H , Mälkiä, E A. "Effects of a workplace physical exercise intervention on the intensity of headache and neck and shoulder symptoms and upper extremity muscular strength of office workers: a cluster randomized controlled cross-over trial" Pain 116(1-2): 119–128, 2005
33. Skinner, J S. Exercise testing and exercise prescription for special cases: theoretical basis and clinical application Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005.
34. Smedley, J , Inskip, H , Trevelyan, F , Buckle, P , Cooper, C , Coggon, D . "Risk factors for incident neck and shoulder pain in hospital nurses" Occupational and environmental medicine 60(11): 864–869, 2003
36. Tsakitzidis, G , Remmen, R , Dankaerts, W , Royen, P V. "Non-specific neck pain and evidence-based practice" European Scientific Journal 9(3): 1–19, 2013
37. Ventura-Clapier, R , Mettauer, B , Bigard, X . "Beneficial effects of endurance training on cardiac and skeletal muscle energy metabolism in heart failure" Cardiovascular research 73(1): 10–18, 2007
38. Wahlström, J , Hagberg, M , Toomingas, A , Wigaeus Tornqvist, E . "Perceived muscular tension, job strain, physical exposure, and associations with neck pain among VDU users; a prospective cohort study" Occupational and environmental medicine 61(6): 523–528, 2004
39. Williamson, A , Hoggart, B . "Pain: a review of three commonly used pain rating scales" Journal of clinical nursing 14(7): 798–804, 2005
40. Ylinen, J , Takala, E P, Nykänen, M , Häkkinen,, A , Mälkiä, E , Pohjolainen, T , Airaksinen, O . "Active neck muscle training in the treatment of chronic neck pain in women: a randomized controlled trial" JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association 289(19): 2509–2516, 2003
41. Zebis, M K, Andersen, L L, Pedersen, M T, Mortensen, P , Andersen, C H, Pedersen, M M, Boysen, M , et al, . "Implementation of neck/shoulder exercises for pain relief among industrial workers: a randomized controlled trial" BMC musculoskeletal disorders 12, 205, 0201