1. Abad, PJB , Tan, ML , Baluyot , MMP , Villa , AQ , Talapian , GL , Reyes , ME , et al, . "Cultural beliefs on disease causation in the Philippines: challenge and implications in genetic counseling" J Community Genet 5, 399-407, 2014
2. Napier , AD , Ancarno , C , Butler , B , Calabrese , J , Chater , A , Chatterjee , H , et al, . "Cultivating the role of culture in health" Lancet 384, 1607–39, 2014
3. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Improving cultural competence. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP). Rockville (MD): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2014. Series No.
4. Sussman , LK , Gielen , UP , Fish , JM , Draguns , JG , eds, . The role of culture in definitions, interpretations, and management of illness. Handbook of culture, therapy, and healing. Mahwah (NJ): Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers, 2004.
5. WHO global strategy for containment of antimicrobial resistance. World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva: WHO, 2001.
6. Traditional medicine in Asia. World Health Organization (WHO) New Delhi: WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia, 2001.
7. Universal declaration on cultural diversity. UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) UNESCO, 2001.
8. Saha, S , Beach , MC , Cooper , LA . "Patient centeredness, cultural competence and healthcare quality" J Natl Med Assoc 100(11): 1275-85, November 2008
9. Tucker , CM , Herman , KC , Pedersen , TR , Higley , B , Montrichard , M , Ivery , P . "Cultural sensitivity in physician-patient relationships: perspectives of an ethnically diverse sample of low-income primary care patients" Medical Care 41(7): 859-70, July 2003
10. Lie , RK . "The ethics of the physician-patient relationship" Ethical Perspectives 4(2): 263-70, 1997
11. Maneze , D , Salamonson , Y , Attwood , N , Davidson , PM . "Acculturative stress in Filipino migrants with functional English: implications for health promotion" Int J Culture and Mental Health 7, 357-369, 2014
12. Maneze , D , DiGiacomo , M , Salamonson , Y , Descallar , J , Davidson , PM . "Facilitators and barriers to health-seeking behaviours among Filipino migrants: inductive analysis to inform health promotion" BioMed Res Int (Article No): 2015
13. Fleming, M , Towey , K . Delivering culturally effective health care to adolescents Chicago (IL): American Medical Association, 2001.
14. Developing cultural competence in disaster mental health programs: guiding principles and recommendations. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 3828. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Rockville (MD): U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2003.
15. Cross , TL , Bazron , BJ , Dennis , KW , Isaacs , MR . Towards a culturally competent system of care: a monograph on effective services for minority children who are severely emotionally disturbed (volume 1) Washington (DC): Georgetown University Child Development Center, 1989.
16. Kim, I , Kim, L , Kelly, J . "Developing cultural competence in working with Korean immigrant families" J Community Psychol 34(2): 149-65, 2006
17. Watt , K , Abbott P, P , Reath , J . "Developing cultural competence in general practitioners: an integrative review of the literature" BMC Fam Pract. 17, 158, 2016
18. Like , RC . "Culturally competent managed health care: a family physician" J Transcul Nurs. 10(4): 288-9, 1999
19. Williams, RA . "Cultural diversity, health care disparities, and cultural competency in American medicine" J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 15 Suppl 1, S52-8, 2007
20. Renzaho , AMN , Romios , P , Crock , C , Sønderlund , AL . "The effectiveness of cultural competence programs in ethnic minority patient-centered health care—a systematic review of the literature" Int J Qual Health Care 25(3): 261-69, 2013
21. Beach , MC , Price , EG , Gary , TL , Robinson , KA , Gozu , A , Palacio, A , et al, . "Cultural competency: a systematic review of health care provider educational interventions" Med Care 43(4): 356–73, April 2005
22. Horvat, L , Horey , D , Romios , P , Kis-Rigo, J . "Cultural competence education for health professionals" Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014 Art. No. CD009405 (5):
23. Jocano, FL . "Cultural context of folk medicine: some Philippine cases" Phil Sociol Rev 14(1): 40-8, 1966
24. Daack-Hirsch, S , Gamboa, H . "Filipino explanatory models of cleft lipwith or without cleft palate" Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 47(2): 122-33, March 2010
25. American College of , . "Culturalsensitivity and awareness in the delivery of health care, CommitteeOpinion No. 493" Obstet Gynecol 117, 1258-61, 2011
26. Epner , DE , Baile, WF . " Patient-centered care: the key to culturalcompetence" Ann Oncol Suppl 3, 33-42, April 2012
27. UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).Universal declaration on bioethics and human rights. UNESCO, 2005.
28. Majumdar, B , Browne, G , Roberts, J , Carpio , B . "Effects of culturalsensitivity training on health care provider attitudes and patientoutcomes" J Nurs Scholarsh 36(2): 161-6, 2004
29. Thom, DH , Woon, TL , McBride, MR , Tirado, MD . "Development andevaluation of a cultural competency training curriculum" BMC MedEduc 6, 38, 2006
30. Chun , MB , Takanishi, Jr DM . "The need for a standardized evaluationmethod to assess efficacy of cultural competence initiatives in medicaleducation and residency programs" Hawaii Med J 68(1): 2-4, 2009
31. Kumas-Tan , Z , Beagan, B , Loppie, C , Macleod, A , Frank, B . "Measuresof cultural competence: examining hidden assumptions" Acad Med 82(6): 548–57, 2007
32. Betancourt, JR . "Cross-cultural medical education: conceptualapproaches and frameworks for evaluation" Acad Med 78(6): 560–9, 2003